11.12.09

Book Club Recap

Big Thanks to Alana for a fun Book Club last night!!! The food was delicious...veggie chili and banana bread was so good together, I think this is how I will always serve it from now on (not to forget the real butter and salt too)


Alana's Choices for December book were:
1. The Year of the Flood - Margaret Atwood
2. Stitches: A Memoir - David Small
3. The Outlander - Gil Adamson


The Winner IS...













Click here for the author's website - Gil is a SHE! Short for Gillian, pronounced "Jill".
Click here for an interview with Gil and David Wrobleski (our fave author of the Never Ending Story of Edgar Sawtelle). It is semi long, but interesting!

I think this will be a great Christmas read. I did a little more looking online about it and it seems like it might be reminiscent of The Birth House (1900's young heroine) and One Thousand White Women (again, Wild West and young heroine). Two books I thoroughly enjoyed.

The chase in this book takes place across Southern Alberta Crowsnest Pass area, and at some point ventures into Frank, Alberta. Didn't we all take a field trip there as kids? This should be some interesting local historical fiction, which I always am excited about.

Thanks Amber and Candice for the cute, thoughtful gifts.

I hope wherever you travel for the holidays...be it Fort Mac, Saskatoon, Kauai, Montana, Castlegar, or a cozy Christmas at home...it will be safe and filled with good eats, sweet treats, lively conversation, and deep sleeps.

Happy Christmas Reading Ladies!!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

It was so nice to have (almost) everyone there. We had plenty to discuss and even more to catch up on. I didn't even realize that it was so late when everyone decided to start heading home. The night could have gone on and on for me. I'm stopping after work to pick up my book. Really looking forward to starting it this weekend since it's going to be rediculously cold!

Stay warm friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails