4.9.10

Christine's Pick

(Cash enjoying his first book)

Hello All!

Wow, been a long time since I've put thoughts to this blogger screen. How I have missed it!! Now I have many more opportunities in a day to blog, read, nap, have a coffee and watch the weather network...oh the simple pleasures!!! I'm going to try to keep up better with this blog, and perhaps my own personal one. I have so many questions for you all that I often don't get to ask at our meetings. For example, what do you all think of the electronic reading devices...the kindle and the ipad? Are we all hard copy page turners, or would any of you be putting one on your Christmas list?

I am happy that you all chose Sarah's Key. It is the one that I have wanted to read. Both my MIL and SIL have read this book. Mary did say that her book club had mixed reviews so I'm curious what we will think. It is a Heather's Pick, which is almost always a guarantee for me. Hope you like it.

I am 5 for 8 of our books this year, and since Sarah's Key is shaping up to be a quick read for me I am going to go back and try to finish Unfeeling, Shadow of the Wind, and The Slap.

Next meeting looks to be at Amba's house. I do love Amba's Picks.

Happy Reading...and Blogging!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could "like" this post. So glad you are back. Great bookclub. Always have so much fun with you ladies. Can't wait for the new book. And I'm totlaly an old school page turner. No Kindle or iPad for this girl. I was also the last of the lot to get a cell phone, so maybe I'm just behind.

Amba said...

No, Im so not kindle person either. I get it..just sorta like reading and turning pages of books. like do we need to turn EVERYTHING into a technological thing.

So book club at my place. I have a feeling its going to be a short read (not Reid Short).So I was thinking a late Sept Book Club. Maybe the 23rd (1st day of fall)???? Thoughts

Christine said...

I whizzed through Sarah's Key! I am ready for another book. The 23rd works for me. First day of Fall already...I can't beleive it

Unknown said...

The 23rd works for me. I read the first few chapeters at the doctors the other day. Should be a quick read...

Unknown said...

Yeah book club on Thursday. Sans baby again. Can't wait to see you ladies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails