3.3.09

Book Club Friday!

Book Club night quickly approaches! Can you believe it's March!?!? I love, love, the slushy mess downtown today. It just feels like Winter's ending!! Bring on the rains baby.

Hostess KD - let us know what time to show up.

Further to my last post, I have no self-control and indulged SO much in red wine with Alana after the Flames game that not only did I drag her on stage to sing "Brown Eyed Girl" at Ducky's, but I had the worst, WORST, hangover of my life for the following two days. So on Monday I gave up alcohol for Orthoodx Lent, not that I'm catholic or anything, but hey... it works because I won't have to fight the flow of the Mormon family vacation, and my 40 dry days will end April 8 (Passover) and our flight to Vegas Baby!!! (You all should come too by the way)

As for all the potential Drop-Outs and non-readers...life sometimes doesn't allow for a lot of free time to read and there are too many fab books out there to read something you are not interested in. So let's not assume that we are all going to read all the books or come to all the meetings every month. I think the point is to get together 12 times a year with fun ladies to enjoy good food and conversation about books (in general) and life (in general). This is a low pressure Book Club...am I right!?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said it right Christine! No major rules with this bookclub!! woot woot

Sha la la la la la la la la la ti da

I am so sick at home and it is the most boring time of my life. Between drug induced sleeping and trying to have a shower, not too much going on with me.

Anonymous said...

AAHEM! Here ye! Here ye!

Sorry, I really don't have anything to follow up with, I just always wanted to make a very formal announcement...

Well. Friday night. Should we say 6? Does that work for everyone? I'm really feeling super torn about the menu for the evening. I need help. I really want sushi, but does everyone like it? I can't remember from last time.

Christine said...

Heck yes. I could eat the stuff all day, every day.

Don't forget I am contributing dessert!

Anonymous said...

Last time was great. I like the non-fish type sushi.

Anonymous said...

SUSHI!!!!! Fo shizzle K-diddle

Anonymous said...

me likey sushi... also a fan of the not too fishy.. lol i guess that makes me a partial fan!
6 works for me.
p.s ladies i am off drinking UNTIL i am healthy again =(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this is going to be a dry book club....cause I don't want to drink by myself! Sushi is fab! 6 is fab! You gals are all fab! Can't wait to see everyone again. It feel like it's been forever.

Anonymous said...

pfft. I'll be drinking sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

This condo situation just might drive me to give up on my Pseudo-Catholism. Gawd, I'm not even good at faking being Religulous.

Anonymous said...

I'll have a bottle of wine in my purse. Dry book club. Oh, that made me giggle...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails