17.6.09

Bright Shiny Morning

I love this book! Can't put it down. I find all the characters so interesting. A few discussion items.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula is literally translated as The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola

Chablis (in case you were wondering)

Take the poll on the side bar...who do you think is the real life "Amberton Parker"?

It's popular in American culture to feel safer owning firearms...would you?

3 comments:

Candice said...

I was so scared of forgetting any character that I latched on to one and went through the book to find all of the chapters about that person to read back to back. Then went back to start another character and did the same.

I also admit to not reading the LA facts.

Totally John Travolta. I was also thinking Tom Cruise but my mind's eye pictured him to be a small, skinny man. More like...Marc Anthony. I just want to buy that guy a sandwich.

Malia said...

I never thought about the real Amberton. Funny. As you read, the book totally changes format. BUT, it's fantastic. There is a whole chapter that talks about a few different people and their rise to "fame" in LA. We need to discuss that one, cause I could only figure one of them out. The LA facts were great. Not just the ones on the opposite page, but the chapters full of facts. Some chapters i wanted to rip right out of the book cause they were dull, but I made myself read them.

Fastest reader... said...

I picked John Travolta too, although he doesn't really fit into the description of Amberton in the book. I pictured super fit (okay, John could fit into that), but super good looking too, and I don't see that with John. However, his wife is beautiful, so that does make sense.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails