30.9.09

Something Old, Something New...

Hey all,
I went for a cruise through Chapters at lunch today. I have to say, there is not a lot out there catching my eye these days! There has been a lack of book related discussion and suggestions in my life. I am really looking forward to another year of books to read because I just wouldn't know what to pick up and I don't want reading to fall off my hobby list in favour of watching LOST (so awesome) and cross-stitching (got addicted after doing my neices).

Once I finish Middlesex (so good) I will be without a "next book" for the first time in a looong time! So here is my list of oldies I plan to turn to, and new ones that I might suggest for Book Club this year.

Oldies - The Zahir by Paulo Coelho, Book of Negros by Lawrence Hill, The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
New - The Last Concubine by Lesley Downer, Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann

Has anyone suggested something fabulous to you lately? Seen anything on the shelves?

3 comments:

Candice said...

Ooooh darling. Me like this fancy new format!

I haven't been to a chapter's in ages but really want to get over there during one of my lunch breaks. I find that when I've been away for so long, it's intimidating. So many new books to check out and not knowing where to start.

Jump right in I suppose!

I'm also looking forward to having a new reading list for this year and thinking about how far we've all come since this time last year. I think it's safe to say that we are a completely different bunch! So much has happened over the course of a year.

Malia said...

Year 3. So exciting!! I guess we'll be doing picks at the next book club at Jasmine's in a couple of weeks?? I'm very nearly done Three Cups of Tea. Then I'll start on Middlesex. I've got one pick for bookclub picks. I guess we'll have to come up with 2 again this year. Looking forward to it. Don't worry, you'll have your years worth of books by the middle of the month.

Malia said...

Also ~ Chick Flick alert. Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love. Probably won't be out for awhile, but could be worth it. Easier story to make into a movie then Time Travellers Wife.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails