6.10.09

October Meeting

So the last I heard we were meeting at Jasmine's next Thursday? Is that still a go? I think that I'm the only one who read Three of Tea (long but intriguing). I wouldn't mind chatting about Cease to Blush too, cause that was interesting, and I think that we'll have a few different takes on it. Then October's book is Middlesex! I haven't quite started, cause I haven't totally finished TCOT yet. Should we show up at Jasmine's with book choices for next year, or do we wait until we're done this years reads first?? I think that last year 12 books got picked plus the Christmas exchange. Jasmine suggested that we do 6 months at a time. So we're kind of breaking it up, but at the same time there are books there for those of us who like to read ahead at times. I like that idea. I say that we pick names for the year, but only books for the 6 months. This'll be a record month for us getting together. Alana's wedding (which was a super blast), book club next week, Candice's end of renovation party and the 8th annual pumpkin carving party! What is this, our lucky month??

8 comments:

Candice said...

I think we need to determine who's in and who's out first. Life has a way of changing our priorities.

If there are some of us who don't want to read books anymore, I think that we need to perhaps change "Book Club" to "Girls Night". Those that want to still read can.

I just don't want to pressure anyone in to staying in the group but also don't want the group to lose touch with each other.

Quite frankly, I would rarely see some of you gals if it wasn't for getting together once a month. It's more important to me to get together than to read books.

For the record though. I'd still like to read books.

If you want out of the group and can't commit to once a month, let us know. No hard feelings.

CB said...

F that's lame. Why is my picture showing up there?

I'm going to hit up Chapters tomorrow and pick a book. I like Malia's / Jas's 6 month reading list. Are we going to pick names at the next meeting?

Christine said...

I'm down with Girls Night..or going out to a different Ethnic restaurant once a month was fun too.
I definitley wouldn't read as much if it weren't for book club, but same goes for me...friends are better than books!

Amber said...

Im still down for whatever club with you gals. Again, I'll be the first to admit Im pretty much only ready books that I want to at this point but I still want to hang out.

I've been sorta playing with more like a cooking club. Im not entirely sure how it will work but each time use a new cook book and have people sample and give feedback. Guests could take copies or bring thier own recipe cards for new ideas in the kitchen. Guest could bring wine based on what kind of menu was being served and we'd learn about about food and wine. Interested???

We can work out deets if anyone is interested at Jazzy's.

Christine said...

Mmmmm love Food and Wine Club idea...though still 4.5 short months until I'm in for the wine part.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Malia said...

Book club, cooking club, food club, girls club, wine club, spa club, baby sitters club. Whatever! As long as we get to see each other AT LEAST once a month. I'm still an advocate of bringing back Survivor night too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi all, Yes book club is still on at my house this Thursday. I am in Saskatoon until Thursday morning. What should I cook? I think I will order in cause I may be pressed for time to get it all done. I get home around 2:00 sooooo how about some Wok Box?

XO Jasmine

Christine said...

Love Wok Box!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails