1.9.09

It's a Date(s)!

Long Awaited September Book Club

Where: Shannon's House
When: Friday, September 18 - 6:30-7:00
What: The Poisonwood Bible, Cease to Blush, and progress on Three Cups of Tea (which is not what any of us expected! WTF?)
Why: Because we all need wine, food, and camaraderie

Time Traveller's Wife Movie Date

Where: Chinook Paramount
When: Thursday, September 10 - 7:10
What: Tear Jerker Chick Flick
Why: You know your hubby, b-friend, date, won't watch this one with you. If he does, he'll make fun of your sobs and denounce the movie based on the fact that people can't time travel...BUT he'll beleive in X-Men or Zombie Strippers. Yeah, cause that makes sense.

RSVP here

4 comments:

Malia said...

I would like to RSVP for both festivities. Sincerely,

Maia

Jasmine said...

I am totally in for book club!
Sorry gals I can't make it to the movie. I will be at my Mo in Law's 60th b-day!

Amba said...

Hey ladies.

Us gals at Superior have an In Store event going on that day until 6...hopefully. So Im guessing we'll run late if thats ok??

Im a maybe for the movie. Dont have a tonne of interst in it but would still be nice to get out with you girls...keep me posted.

As for next years book club...Im likely out. I think I've read 3 books this year so far...I just cant keep up and get myself frustrated knowing everyone else is like 3 books ahead of me.

A suggestion though...Kim's book club does it a bit different. Each girl draws month, then at end of the meeting the girl who's month is next gives 3 book suggestions, every votes, and the winner is the one that gets read. So only then can books be bought and read.Everyone is on the page page (no pun intended. Just a though.

k to the d said...

Shit. I have Supper Club the evening of the 18th that has been booked for some time now.

I may be down for seeing the Time Travellers. Hesitant though because I enjoyed the book soo much, don't want to spoil it with a super condensed version.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails