14.7.09

Amberton's Identity

So, Christien started reading Bright Shiny Mornings, and he would like to add to our discussion of Amberton. He believes that it is Tom Cruise. I have to side with him on this one. It makes total sense, when he was with Nicole Kidman. 2 kids, boy and girl. Worked with his wife on movies (or at least one movie). Was a heart throb back in the day. Definitly thinks that he is gods gift to life. I couldn't get behind it being Will Smith for the fact that he's not a whiny cry baby like Amberton turned into. Now Tom Cruise, I would see whailing around and whimping out if another dude wasn't in love with him. Hello, he is the GMD.

What do you ladies think?

8 comments:

Goose Knows For Sure said...

Tom Cruise is so lame and whiny that I can't believe that I'm even wasting my brain power thinking about it. So I watching Top Gun now after everything we know about Mr.Scientific or whatever, he was such a loser! I can't believe I ever thought he was gorgeous. Remember that gay scene when all of the dudes were playing volleyball....so gay!

CS is so bang on! All it took was one man sane brain to figure it out.

It's soooo Tom Cruise.

C.Dun said...

I concur. Definitley the GMD. Poor Katie, whoever would have thought she was better off with that loser Chris Klein.

On another note...The Time Traveller's Wife comes out in theatres on Friday, August 14!!!!! Squeee!!!! I propose Book Club goes to the Movies? Could it be a date? Lainey is all wrong - I loved the trailer!!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUDlMBR-dQ

This one brought tears to my eyes...

Malia said...

I'd like Lainey to be wrong too. I loved that book. I'm down for that movie, and I know that I'm only watching it with you ladies. Count me in!!

Candice said...

I'm in too. I didn't get to read that one but I'm up for girls night at the movies!

Candice said...

HOLY SHIT...I just watched the video and I got goosebumps all over. Why haven't I read this book?! I HAVE to see this movie....

Malia said...

I'm a bit apprenhensive about the movie, cause you always know that the book is better then the movie, and I think that it's going to be a really hard movie to replicate (from the book ~ kind of like Choke, ha ha). But I do love Rachel McAdams, and I still refuse to watch any trailers.

SmuthoundKD said...

OK, so I'm 1/3 into BSM and am not yet convinced that Amberton is Tom. I'm getting a different vibe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails