8.4.09

What a Fabulous Bunch...

Hey Gals...

BIG thanks to Alana for the Meatatarian-Movie Book Club! Food was super fab (sad again I didn't bring camera for visual documentation - next time it is a must). The movie brought mixed reviews, am I right? It followed the book, yes...but if you hadn't read the book I'm sure that you would think it the weirdest, most crazy ass movie you'd ever seen. Rocks? Death by Chocolate Pudding? Cherry Daquiri? WTF.

Overall thoughts on the book were mixed...like what can you make of it? However, based on the fact that we all read and finished reading it...I'd say it was a success! Great pick KD! We missed you KD as we ate our kebabs!

I was reflecting on our fabulous book club and how the best part of meeting monthly is to witness the changing of the tides, so to speak. One month is the perfect increment it seems to always have some big and fabulous news. Since the inception of our book club we have done the following (in no particular order)...

Travelled to:
Mexico (3 or 4 times)
Thailand (2 times)
Vegas (3 times)
Hawaii (4 times)
Africa !!!!
Halifax
London
Croatia
And yet one more fabulously European country for Shannon that my memory is failing
(Did I miss any?)
Gotten engaged (2 times)
Gave BIRTH !!!
Bought homes (4 times!)
Renovated homes (3 times)

That is the lives of 8 gals over 18 months...I'd say that is mayjah.

Not to say there haven't been a lot of hard times through the months, but the support and friendship through those times as well has been remarkable. Thanks ladies!

Have a great Easter Weekend! Eat Chocolate!

And BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Malia and Amber. Another year is definitley something worth celebrating. LOVE YA!

4 comments:

Dirty Vegas said...

Silly me. I forgot to mention that next book club is confirmed as "Book Club Night Out". There was a fabulous steak house involved as well as seeing the wedding band!?

Alana...post the deets...

Amba said...

Ummm you're forgetting KELOWNA like 9 times.

Also New York for me!

Alana said...

OMGOSH, right right.. Vintage Chophouse. fabulous. a little pricy though so we can go somewhere else. Brooke Wylie and the 45's are playing on the 24th. I will check on other dates too!

What does everyone else think?

Malia said...

Pricey and I might have to bail. Hate to be a spoil sport, but um... we're in a recession and I'm watching my bank account. LOL, but in reality, I am kind of riding on a budget. Maybe we could make it two seperate outings? One to check out the band and one cheap one for book club love?? Also, we have to wait for KD to get back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails