2.4.09

Another Month, Another Book

Friends,
We meet tomorrow, Friday the 3rd, at Alana's. This is the third consecutive Book Club on the first Friday of the month! We are getting some consistency in our meetings, which is awesome. Looking forward to your thoughts on Choke...and to starting Wolf.

I've got a few links to A Wolf at the Table and Augusten Burroughs on the side bar. I love that name. I don't have much experience with this author other than seeing the movie Running With Scissors. Has anyone else seen that or read the book? I remember thinking it was a pretty good movie at the time. Apparently A Wolf at the Table is about the time period in his life before Running With Scissors, when he goes to live with his mother's shrink!? WTF. It's so crazy.

Also I just finished The Queen's Fool, another Phillipa Gregory. It's pretty good if you are at all interested in the relationship of Elizabeth I and her half-sister Mary and how Elizabeth came to be Queen.

Has any one else been doing any extracurricular reading you'd recommend??

I'd say the one downside to ordering a years worth of books at a time is I don't get into Chapters to see what's on the shelves much...but that does save me probabably a lot of money.

BD is reading Angels and Demons right now. I quite liked it, almost better than DaVinci code. This movie comes out next month and we plan to see it...any one up for making that one a double, triple, quadruple...(I don't know what comes next) date? Let's make it happen.

So much to discuss...till tomorrow...

1 comment:

Malia said...

I'm totally down with seeing that movie. Not sure if Christien will want to come. He didn't like Davinci Code. And I'm not sure if I read Angels and Demons. I think that I did, but I might have to borrow it from you just to make sure. See you all tonite!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails