15.4.09

Midmonth Update

Hello ladies...Sawadee Ka Kristin!

Hope you are enjoying Thailand and staying away from political uprisings! I was quite concerned by the images on the TV until BD explained it to me this way..."It's kinda like Stampede Week in Calgary, if you stay away from it, you'd never know it was happening." Hopefully you are reaching new levels of tan on the powder sand beaches drinking out of a bucket.

What are your thoughts on our current book? I got stalled on Chapter 7 but I am hoping to get back into it this week...planning a weekend away, taxes, birthdays, weddings, spring cleaning and errands have all got me distracted!

Next meeting is still up for debate as to the where & when...but we do know it's out on the town. Thoughts? Suggestions? Keep me posted.

6 comments:

Candice said...

This book is going super quick for me. I really like it! With all of the problems we've been having on the farm, reading is my escape. The tulips are popping out and I'm very excited to get in to the garden. I've been thinking about the 100 mile challenge and think it's definately do-able....I may be up for that challenge. I'm good for book club where ever. Like Malia, I'm on a budget too but can make a trip out inexpensive. I just won't drink. Sigh. I figure, I bring a bottle of wine to book club, or don't and spend that same money on a reasonable meal. Whatevs.

C.Dun said...

You have tulips!? Our back yard is still a mound of snow from the massive Christmas snow fort. It's going to have to be 20 degrees for 3 straight days to melt that shiz. What is this 100 mile challenge? I'll Google. Can we find a place unique yet inexpensive? Are the two mutually exclusive in Calgary? Remember that wonderful meal at Anapurna so long ago? Let's try to find a jem.
P.S. Newly addicted to Dr. 90210. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Malia said...

Tulips?? We just got rid of the snow, but I have been checking for them, and so far nada. Ah well... And taxes?? WTF??? I gotta get going on that too. Man, so far behind. Like the book, nothing really going on in it, but I guess that's usually how memoirs go, right? Still good, and I'm whipping right through it.

Amber said...

Well Im up for whatev. Go out, stay in...Im easy. Lets not forget its never ceaper on the hoster!

Just a suggestion what about Diner Deluxe? Never been but always wanted too. Menu is great and entrees are 10-15.

Malia said...

The host only has to host once a year. That I can handle. But not until the summer so the allergics can come.

What about The Coup on 17th? Or there is Maurya (or something like that, it's indian food) in Kenningston. I've been in Edmonton but not here. And it's pretty good.

Malia said...

Date for this meeting? I knowt that originally we had said April 24th to check out the wedding band, so if we don't do the wedding band check out as a book club meeting, should we just go back to regularly scheduled programming of 1st or 2nd Friday of the month? May 1st won't work for the Superior girls, what about May 8th??? Thoughts??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails