19.11.08

The Cellist of Sarajevo

Hey Gals,
What's going on? How is everyone doing on this book? I am liking it quite a bit!

Big Up to Shannon on a fab meeting at the cute condo on Friday! Pizza and cupcakes simply MUST be done more often.

Can you beleive it's November 20 tomorrow? Already. Here I was wishing away October and November is moving at the speed of light. So fast that Superstore is playing Christmas music already! Just as I was starting to enjoy shopping there, they blast me with Nick and Jessica's rendition of "It's Cold Outside" upon walking through those automatic doors.

Poll: What annoys you the most about the holiday season?

Here's my Top 3:
- Christmas Jingles in the stores
- Santa hats on my co-workers
- Mall parking lot insanity


Urban Dictionary Word/Phrase of the Day - "Big Up"
Word means to applause some one on a good doing, to congratulate them.
"bruv big up Jerome, his lyrics are phat innit!"
"big up to all these homies in da hood, dis party is heavy"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't started my shopping yet am getting a bit panicky. My family is doing Christmas cocktails instead of a gift exchange this year. Chris an I are in charge of an after dinner drink. Any suggestions?

I haven't started the book yet...good lord. I'm sure I'll breeze through it in Mexico.....Arriba!

Anonymous said...

I have minimal Christmas gifts to purchase this year. YAY!

Top 3 Things that annoy me durning the holiday season:

1.Parking lot ice (i usually end up pulling some muscle before i even end up in the store).

2.Shopping with my winter coat on, breaking out into a sweat.

3. Slow walkers, random walkers, people who can't walk in a straight line

ok that was like 10 things but whatev's... i am loving Cellist... glad to hear that others are too.

Did we book a date for the next book club??

Anonymous said...

After dinner drink hey? What about a fun Xmas martini...like...chocolate mint, or eggnog. Or you can always go with a port.

OK my 3 most annoying things about the holidays
#1. Grinches (people who say things like " I hate Christmas" etc)
#2. Overly excited Xmas people (the ones who start playing thier Xmas music at thier desks in Nov.)
#3. Going anywhere near shopping centers (ie: Westhills...I almost cried last year).

So glad I have no shopping!

Anonymous said...

I have slightly start my shopping, but that's just something that I picked up from Gail. I've still got lots to do, but I love it.
I think that Alana and Amber nailed down my X-mas pet peeves. Definitly hate shopping with my winter coat on, and I hate scrouges too.

I personally am not overly enjoying this book. I find it very boring. Was really slow to get into, and then it started to speed up, cause I thought that something might happen, and now it's back to boring. I'm almost done though.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and a Classic Christmas Book Club was decided for Dec 5 (Friday). Can we do Julio's Barrio? One year anniversary styles? Right after work? Does that work for everyone else???

Anonymous said...

BORING? Really...? Boring? I am newly fascinated by Sarajevo and the happenings of this war. Can't stop Wiki-ing it, trying to learn more. I loved the characters and their transformation throughout the story.

I'm ready for some "authentic" mexicano delights, yumm. No bulldogs this year though, ew! Sick!

Anonymous said...

So, I put down my curent book (The brief and wonderous life of Oscar Wao) to join in the Cellist talk. So far...love. Very interesting and Im only halfway through Chapter One. I agree that Im totally Googling to get more info...might actually learn me something good!

Anonymous said...

Nope. Still boring. And just like that, it ends. Next Friday ladies... what time? Can we do a right after work??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails