24.9.08

Non-book related material!

Pin-Ups will be a new feature for our blog for October..as you can plainly see on the side bar. This is inspiration for one of our member's Halloween costumes this year!!! I'm going to be a Black Jack Dealer. Not even a sexy Black Jack dealer at that. Sigh...are the days of using Halloween as any excuse to dress scampy already gone?

You'll notice I used the word "scampy" thinking it could be one of my mysterious vocabulary words of the day...however, turns out I did use that in the wrong context. The correct word would be Scampish:

1. an unscrupulous and often mischievous person; rascal; rogue; scalawag.
2. a playful, mischievous, or naughty young person; upstart.
3. a grouper, Mycteroperca phenax, of Florida: so called from its habit of stealing bait.
–verb (used with object) 4. to do or perform in a hasty or careless manner: to scamp work.

Urban Dictionary has an entirely different defintion

Scampy - A girl who does a lot of cocaine. "Yo i drank four Chuck Nores last night with some scampys. i need mad scampy tonight. "

Also, I am still blonde.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

tear, the pin-up isn't coming up on my comp at work =*(

Anonymous said...

me neither!

did you have a scampy good time at the game last night?

Christine said...

My mad scampy nights are loooong over.
We didn't go to the game last night.
The "TRUCK" trumped the game. Tear, my industrious husband.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the pin up girls as well. Very, je ne sais quoi... I think that I'm going to go as a ghost for Halloween this year.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Hockey tickets got changed to the 17th, so Amba and I will be able to make book club. I'm very excited.

Anonymous said...

OMG I can hear the music! Woot Woot! Also super sexy pinups! Holla if you love book club!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holla!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails