29.9.08

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

What up Book Club?

It's Book Club week! Come by Friday any time. Dinner will be 6:30 but if you want to come straight from work that's cool with me.

Bad news on our 12th and final book...it still has not been shipped as of this morning. I think we'll have to throw that book back into the rotation and start the new year in October!

I must admit I have been at a loss this month on what to read. Another BCB is always having another book to turn to. I tried and failed at reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I only made it a third of the way through and gave up. Shannon and Malia liked it, any one else?

What have you all read since the Glass Castle? Have you decided what you want to choose for the new year?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also am struggling to find something to read =( i need to go to chapters and pick up some books that have been recommended from BCB! after viewing Christine's list of options for next year.. 3 of my suggestions are on that list, so I will just use your list =P
Friday book clubs are awesome, looking forward!

P.S. Unrelated book club news: Today Mike and I go to see how much we can get pre-approved for to get a house together!!!! my my do things move quickly. wish us luck!

Anonymous said...

Alana! That's awesome girlfriend! I'm so pumped. I just finished The Lovely Bones and I totally agree about the ending. Kinda deflating after that long of a book. I wanted to pick up my copy of Edgar Sawtelle (my first pick) but decided not to. It's calling my name! I've already started to think about what classic to buy for Christmas and believe that I have the perfect one. If yall have read it already, I guess I'll just have to take it home with me. Har.

P.P.S. Can't wait for my new kitchen! Amb is the best!

Christine said...

Congrats Alana - new house! And Congrats Candice - new kitchen! Both sooo exciting.

Edgar Sawtelle was also calling my name...and I answered! Eeek, I read the first two chapters and was hooked. It is a great story but I put it away again so I don't read ahead too much. I think I am going to love that book. Oprah may redeem herself!

Only 4 more days until we have a new book to read...

Anonymous said...

I'm almost done re-reading Life of Pi. I've decided that because we have about 2 book shelves full of books, I am going to start re-reading ones that I liked. Or maybe ones that I didn't get so much to see if I can get something out of them the second time around. I think that I have my #1 for book club, not sure, but I'll have to pick my #2 as well.
I'm pretty dissappointed about Wild Ride Up the Cupboards. I was really, really looking forward to reading that one, and was kind of sad that it was going to be so late in the year. Stupid mail and shipping. Well, we will HAVE to read that sometime next year. Looks like we'll have a brand new book for October. Might as well make it Candice's since 4 of us already bought it. LOL... Get Oprah over with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails