21.8.08

The Birth House continues...

Hi All,
Of those of you that have finished already you will be able to tell what part I read last night by following the link below. I can't seem to get the hyperlink to work today so you might have to cut and paste it. I think it's worth the read! This is why I love historical fiction, there is just so much more behind the story that you can read up on. Good piece of Canadian history I had been previously unaware of. Who has been to Halifax? Have you seen the monuments or memorials?

http://www.cbc.ca/halifaxexplosion

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I read another book years ago with this same explosion in it. I'll peruse my book shelf to see which one it was.

Anonymous said...

I made myself read for two hours last night while doing laundry. Of course only after BB10 was over! I'm still not WOW, but getting more in to it. I'm only at the part where her brothers are leaving for the war.

Dirt Mobile....Right. I may have had temporary memory loss from all of the draught. Ugghh.

Anonymous said...

Anyone know of a movie about the explosion? Would be very interesting to watch. Did they teach us about this in school?

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've been to Halifax, but don't remember seeing anything about the explosion, or hearing anything about it. Halifax is very full of history, that we got an eyefull and an earfull from just driving around Halifax and it's outskirts. I'll be sure to check it out next time. We did go to Lunenberg, where the Bluenose is from, and Pier 21 where my dad and grandma (a war bride) came over to Canada in 45. But that's another story...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails