25.8.08

Book Surprise

So I went to the store this weekend and picked up The Glass Castle... (Side bar - I paid $17 something at Coles and discovered today it's 45% off at Chapters Online and with the irewards discount it would have been $8.45) I really didn't know anything about it even though I'd seen the book many times on shelves and heard good reviews from others. I couldn't find it in fiction and was really surprised when the store girl picked it up from the "True crime something or other" section. It turns out I saw the story of this book on Oprah this year and it is so interesting! It was a small section on Oprah, half or less of a show, but I remember it clearly and was wanting to know more. Needless to say I tore into it on Saturday and Sunday and I think I could be finished before our next meeting! Definitley a top ten of bonus of book club is getting these kinds of surprises.
Click here to check out the Oprah show. There is not a whole lot of it online, but you can see Jeanette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! There is no way that I am starting this book until mid month. I know that I'll just fly through it. I've been done the Birth House for way too long that I'm worried I won't even know what we're talking about in our meeting next Friday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails