14.1.11

Happy New Year Book Club!

Coming to you live from the new iPad! Loving this thing. Sad there were NO posts in December! I think a first in our 3.5 years!
Catching up, we all loved Room. Had another wickedly delicious meal at Casa del Bauer. Decided to read Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi (how hilarious she made that up. Seriously? I think I'm going to go by Princess Beyonce Buttercup again) also we have homework to do a daytrip from Calgary. This months meeting is delayed due to the most brutal winter of sickness that I can ever remember! Hopefully we are all well enough to get together soon, and Amber,s delicious Indian meal is spicy enough to knock any remaining colds out of us. Are you being productive with this extra time to read? I'm multitasking Unbearable Lightness and Secret Daughter. This year my resolution is to Focus and do one thing at a time, but I have to say I after a slow start to Secret Daughter, I am having a hard time putting both down!
Reading on the iPad is AWESOME. Any one else out there loving the switch to paperless? Gotta say, didn't think that I would!
Lastly, I'm doing the Happiness Project month-to-month this year. Any one want to join me?
Happy Reading! Comment what you are up to!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving my Kobo too! I also did not think that I would like it all that much. I always thought that it would be like a computer screen that you were reading off of. With that horrible glare.. Anyways, it's the coolest technology that they make it actually look like a book. I'm just amazed by it still.

Downloaded A Reliable Wife - per Jasmine and Mini Shopoholic (guilty pleasure read for the beach). Now to start adding book club picks... If you don't get together when I'm gone, can we do it the week I get back? Christien will be here and I won't have to tug Reid along. Only if you don't plan to get together while I am gone.

Candice said...

All of a sudden, I have tons of free time. I'm not sure if it's because Logan is starting to be more independant or if I just am doing a better job of this mommy thing. I'm checking off to-do things left right and centre!

Our realtor wants us to list March 1st! Yikes! That's only like a month away. I'm thinking more like April 1st...so I'm busy de-cluttering and doing those last minute fix-ups that this old house needs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails