5.1.09

Life...or something like it

That line describes my holiday to a tee. 10 days of busy family visiting pondering how we lived under one roof for 19 years of my existence, with no releif provided by "holiday cheer". That was compounded by a sickness with no releif from Dayquil or anything of the sort. It was a rough go. The following week I hibernated, sleeping 16 hours a day with the help of the -27 temperatures EVERY DAY. How depressing was that, and that we come back to work on the nicest day we've had in a month. It's so unfair.
BD and I have two conclusions from this holiday. 1 - We are never hosting Christmas again (at least for 2-3 years when the memory is gone) and 2 - We are always booking a flight to a tropical place on December 26 to unwind through the New Year. I so hope we stick to #2.
Anyhoo...looking forward to hearing similar stories from all of y'all. Even the tanned Hawaii gals did not escape the parental units even in paradise.

Can everyone get together on Thursday the 8th? I am reserving Wednesday the 7th - the giant 3-0 birthday for a little dinner celebration with BD.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can for sure sympathize with you on the too many family dinners, having my whole holidays "booked" to do something... I need a vacation from the holiday season!

The 8th works best for me as my faja just let me know he will be in town on the 7th.

What does everyone else think?

Ta ta. Happy Monday (if there is such a thing)

Jasmine said...

I have tickets to the hockey game on the 8th - sorry but I won't be able to make that day.

Anonymous said...

Im booked to babysit for Jasmine on the 8th, but honestly you can have it without me as I did not finish my book anyway...bugga!

Christine said...

Dang it those Flames. I never did put their schedule on the side bar did I?
Since we're all going to be at Alana's on Sat night could we perhaps just make an effort to ask each other how the "Classic" book went down?
Which reminds me to make a poll to see how we all did...
That's kind of a cheapo Book Club attempt but this week is so busy already.
Ambuh - what is up with those wisdom teeth?

Anonymous said...

I'm down with "meeting" at Alana's too. True it's a weak attempt, but we all read different books, so.. we should have just discussed on New Years, seeing as it was a book club event!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me too! =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me!!! Bah dang wisdom teeth. Got the one side pulled a few yars ago and now pulling these ones. Tired of biting on my left cheek constantly. Not too worried...braces hurt worse than getting teeth pulled.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails