3.12.08

Wiki Tidbit

I just found this on Wikipedia under Vedran Smailović - the Cellist of Sarajevo - and found it interesting...

"Canadian author Steven Galloway used Smajlović's act as the basis for his bestselling 2008 novel, The Cellist of Sarajevo. He did so without consultation with Smajlović, and the Canadian edition uses his picture on the cover. Although he only appears as a peripheral character in the novel, Smajlović has publicly expressed his outrage over the publication of the book."

I can see if he changed his name, even using him as a peripheral character, but to put his picture on the cover without consent? I wonder if he's sueing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also read this! Amazing. I loved the book, can't wait to see everyone on Friday =) Oh yea, got the "classic book" can we pick our own? LOL Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alana,
I finally got around to starting The Shack and so far so good! Depending on what kind of Classic I get, I'm hoping to get 3 books down in December. If I get War and Peace...maybe not so much.

Anonymous said...

Keep me posted on what you think of the Shack, really interested in everyone's opinions =)

LOL I also plan to read a lot during X-mas, I pre-read a couple of pages of my classic just to make sure we could read it. HA HA

P.S my ring is getting sized so i can't show and tell =(

Anonymous said...

Ah, I really wanted to see the new bling. And I am very excited to get my classic book to read on the beach.

Anonymous said...

Ummm....RING? How long was I in Mexico?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails