15.9.08

Candice Says - Two Books in One Month...!

After spending the all last week as a bachelorette (a boring one at that) let's just say that I got some quality reading time in staring at my new fridge sitting in my living room. Let's just say that the monster new fridge is too big to fit through the doors of the kitchen. Arrrgh! Old, lime green and I are still friends for now. I guess I can reach for a beer from my couch now! I finished the Glass Castle in 5 days flat, which is unheard of for me. I can't wait to hear some of your opinions on this book. Snotlocker! I laughed my ass off.....sigh. Is everyone else speeding through?

Rather than slacking for the rest of the month, I picked up The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It, like Almost Moon is an easy read for me and I like the idea of the story being told from her "Heaven". Has anyone else read The Lovely Bones?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh you people and buying new fridges. We see this everyday! YEs, I read lovely bones a few years ago and LOVED it. I love the way the story is told too. The ending is kinda weird...but who am I to judge..its not my story to tell. Alice is weird though.

Christine said...

I read Lovely Bones a few years back and had mixed feelings. Good writing, but didn't like the subject matter. This one is also going to be a movie with Mark Walhberg and Rachel Weisz as the parents, Susan Sarandon as the Grandma. A Book Club Date, perhaps?!
Glass Castle was a quick read for me too.
Bummer about the fridge. Oh the woes of renos...

Anonymous said...

I also read lovely bones and i liked it. i agree with amber about the ending though... i also am proud to say that even on my first go with glass castle that i actually have finished the book and enjoyed it... funny how at certian times some books just don't jive.. anywho i'm excited for our next meeting! TA

Anonymous said...

I read Lovely Bones a few years ago too. I really liked it. Hard read, cause it's a hard story to hear. Agreed that Alice is just plain weird. I also just finished reading A Long Way Gone (about the children soldiers in Sierra Leone). Heartbreaking. I'm now onto another detective easy read. So yeah, I've been finished Glass Castle for awhile...

Anonymous said...

OMGosh... didn't you love A Long Way Gone! Saddest ever, but super awesome that he got outta there! I'm trying to read Diary... it is weird and kinda scary to read at night....

Anonymous said...

So I called Sears and told them to come and get the fridge! It's all scratched up and looks like a floor model. Reading the Glass Castle has changed my outlook a little as I SHOULD be happy that I even have a fridge. For real, I'm torn with being pissed about the whole experience and trying to be zen / appreciative that I have what I have.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Long Way Gone was griping, that's for sure. I told you that Diary was weird. I thought that you'd fly through it though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails