3.9.08

Book Club Benefit (BCB)

Has this ever happened to you? Casually in conversation a word pops out of your mouth so foreign you are quite sure you totally made it up. Quickly upon returning to your office you click here to find out, not only is it a word, but you used it in the right context.
This happens to me all the time. Today's word - Pilfered.

pilfer (regular dictionary) - verb "make off with belongings of others"
pilfer (urban dictionary) - verb "steal jack take filch swipe shoplift gank lift rob thieve purloin rip off embezzle borrow loot stole cheat ninja rayfield pirate shanghai nick pinch"

Co-worker... "Where did you find that?"
Christine... "I just pilfered through Aaron's office."

Next time I will definitley say "I just ninja'd through Aaron's office."

Just makes me wonder where does this expanding vocab come from?
It has to be the books!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a word of the day here in the office. Today's word is Behooves which means use; advantage; benefit.

It behooves me to tell this client to go *#^% themselves.

Anonymous said...

Oxford dictionary's word of the day is Spidery. Meaning: Like a spider in apperance or form. Oxford??? Serious??? Spidery?? Thats like valley girl talk man. Thats how I talk! Oxford shame on your word of the day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails