18.9.08

And soon... A New Book!

I've been done Glass Castle for a while now, actually I think we all are. Does any one want to do 24 books in 2008/2009? Kidding, but isn't it interesting how at the start I thought I'd have trouble with one a month and now it seems we're all reading an additional book in between meetings. BCB - Reading each other's recommended reading in addition to our Book Club selections just gives us that much broader a base for our already wonderful discussions!!
I did a little research on our next Mommy Tale (last one Candice!!!) This was one of my picks and it came off of my SIL's book list...keeping in mind her book club is comprised of Mommies of MANY children. Yes, probably more compatible with their book club than ours, and I may not have chosen it if I had to choose now...but nonetheless I have been looking forward to it for a while now. Especially after meeting Danny, my in-laws weekly visitor with autism.
That being said I am hoping there is more to this one than I was expecting. Two things I found interesting is that this book is almost entirely a work of fiction! For some reason I expected a memoir. I was also not expecting to find out that it is a braided narrative, telling two parallel stories in two different eras, one in the 1990's and one in "War Time" (I'm assuming that meant WWII), which I hope will give it something "more". I hope you gals won't be disappointed!!

Our next meeting is scheduled for Friday, October 3 at Christine's place! I will follow up an e-mail with directions. I think most of y'all can make it already...Jasmine!?!? Fall dinner menu is planned...and bring your appetites for APPLES! Pie, crisp, sauce...and now I'm trying my hand at turnovers and struedels.
Don't bring a thing!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh and by the way I am loving Snow Flower and the Secret Fan! Thanks Candice! I may become a Lisa See follower and start on her "Mystery Collection" at some point next year.

Anonymous said...

LUV the new look and music! I'm groovin' right now. Book Club has become one of my favorite things. I love getting together with all you babes each month. It's been incredible to get to know you all. Thanks for such a great time! Tear....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails