31.7.08

What are YOU reading this long weekend!?

Happy Long Weekend Friends!

Hope you enjoy where ever you go and what ever you do! Just curious where we are at!
Are you finishing Almost Moon?
Are you starting The Birth House?
What else are you reading?

I am finishing up Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos. I mentioned this a while ago, and while it has taken me a long time to read, in the end I have liked it so much I am going to pick up her other best seller, Love Walked In. It is one of those novels about every day people and how their lives and events just intertwine and unfold and I have become very attached to them. Also I am knee deep in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and it is one of those easy reads, short chapters, and interesting diagrams and pictures. Perfect for being interrupted sporadically by one of my little face invading nieces.

Looking forward to our next meeting! Oh yes, I will be getting my drink on. Hello Summer...how I have missed you.

Ciao Bellas.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am finished Almost Moon, and am half way through Kabul Beauty School. Looking forward to the birth house, as Alana has been reading it here at work and seems to be enjoying it.

Thoughts on Kabul Beauty School: kind of annoyed with the self loving of the author. Love the things I am learning about Afghani women, love that they wear false eyelashes the size of butterflies!

Heading to Kelowna tomorrow am, have a great long weekend y'all!

Anonymous said...

I will noly be reading the front of chip bags on my long weekend...CHIP BABY!

Anonymous said...

I'm done Almost Moon. Have been for awhile, and have read two books in the meantime. Diary ~ which is by the most insane author (I will bring it for you Alana), and I just finished A Spot of Bother (by Mark Haddon ~ Same author from The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time). Relaly liked it. Good, fast, easy read. I think that I am going to start the Birth House here pretty soon. Didn't realize how thick it was until I picked it up the other day. Intrigued....

Anonymous said...

Unpacking, ripping out carpet, pulling weeds, cutting grass, cleaning, shopping!!, drinking....ahh the live of a country bumpkin. I'm done Almost Moon and quite enjoyed it. I'm going to dive in to the Birth House ASAP as I think it will take me awhile to get through it. I'll be reading my GE stove manual this weekend! Lame.

Anonymous said...

Birth House = done.

Anonymous said...

i finished birth house on my vacay and LOVED IT!! I don't have a current book to read... Malia, if you wanna bring me that one that would be great. Can't wait for Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Well, seeing as you are coming to my place on Thursday, I won't have to remember! I'll give it to you there (just remind me).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails