9.7.08

Meeting Tonight!

Hey Gals!
Meeting tonight at 6:30 at Jasmine's place! Can't wait to see the new digs.

Tonight we discuss A Thousand Splendid Suns...anyone remember that book? Just kidding. I am on Chapter 9 of The Almost Moon and not really loving it so far. Is anyone else finding it just dark and disturbing? It is something to discuss the two books we have read back to back. A Thousand Splendid Suns no doubt was hard to read about the tragedies they endured and terrible things that happened to them, but in the end it was uplifting and rewarding to read about the relationships that were developed over their lives. Almost Moon is like a horror movie. It is totally empty, in my opinion. The dark and troubling just gets deeper and deeper as the story continues without any hope of a turn that could make it all worthwhile! Sorry, now I'm venting. I don't want to turn any one off the book, but would be interested to hear what you are thinking!!!

See you tonight!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also having trouble reading Almost Moon. It is a morally tough read. I want to put in down and say that I just can't read it, but like you Christine, I'm hoping there is a turn for the better. I'm a third of the way through and there are a lot of parts that simply turned my stomach. Definately different than what we are used to reading.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I have no soul, but I'm not nearly having the trouble that you ladies are having. I think that I am more with Alana and can't wait to discuss. It's a pretty good book when it can elicit such strong emotions from those of us who are reading it. Wouldn't you agree?? With that being said, I am only about 4 chapters in...

Anonymous said...

Who's party master?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails