2.6.08

Extracurricular Reading...

Hello!

Another rainy forecast for the week ahead, plus nothing on TV. For me that means ample time to read at home and during lunch hour. I picked up The Secret Life of Bees to keep me busy since I sped through Splendid Suns. Amber and Shannon were fans. Anyone else?

It was a tough decision in Chapters because there are many I'm saving for potential books for next year. Next year is only 4 books away! Can you beleive how well we've done. Very proud of our Book Club.

Are you already thinking of your choice for Book Club? We'll have to draw for months and for the 4 people who will get 2 choices. Here are some of mine along with pics of the covers in case you, like me, often judge first by these...

The Alchemist




The Friday Night Knitting Club

Sweetness in the Belly



Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A thousand splendid suns is by far my new favorite book. I had trouble at first understanding some of the terminology. I felt like I needed google on while reading it. It's so great and I don't want to put it down. Excellent choice! Horray for Book Club!

Anonymous said...

I want to read The Friday Night Knitting Club too. There's another book out from that same author who did Something Borrowed and Something Blue. Again, super easy reads. I read one of them in a day. I really had a hard time buying this book, cause of how bad I hated Kite Runner. However, with that being said, I am pleased to say that I was wrong. I like it. Not my fav, but pretty good, especially since I was so anti Khaled Hosseini. I might even have to re-read Kite Runner...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails