6.6.08

Another Rainy Weekend!

Hey gals!
Well looks like more rain ahead. Seriously.

I LOVE to hear that everyone is enjoying this book, and even a Kite Runner hater. I didn't especially love Kite Runner either, to tell you the truth. I think that it was one of my first books that went above and beyond "Chick Lit" that made it stand out to me. Splendid Suns was so much more than Kite Runner. I might have to revisit Kite Runner to discover exactly what it is that moved me so much more in Splendid Suns. Probably that we can empathize so much more with the female point of view and their struggles. I only wish that it was true fiction and stories like this don't happen actually happen in real life. Doesn't it make you realize how lucky we are. I wonder when the last time 8 women in Afganistan got together at a trendy dessert shop to laugh and talk and discuss books and life? Maybe 30 years ago? Tear.

Have a super weekend!
C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I spoke too soon...

Anonymous said...

Wow...never have I read a book that has taken me through such high's and low's. There are points in this book where I feel helpless, emotional, intrigued and overwhelmed. A real eyeopener for me. No longer will I be upset if they are out of sugar free vanilla for my latte. How lucky we all are....!

Jasmine said...

I absolutely loved this book. This is the second time I have read it, and I totally forgot everything until I read it again! Christine "The curious incident ..." is so so very good. I read it on the beach at Mara Lake 2 years ago while Amber was busy getting her boobs bounced in the "Viper Boat". Also The Alchemist is another great pick - I vote for you to pick again - all great books this year, except "Love in the time .." butI bet if I had given it a fair chance I would have liked it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails