6.10.08

A New Year of Books!

Hello! Welcome to the best post of the year! Here you can reference our new Year of Books. We have a pretty amazing selection and I can't wait to get started! Click on the link to Chapters where you can read an excerpt and read reviews.

Thanks for coming over on Friday night for another fun meeting! We could easily call ourselves Wine Club I have so much left over.

I have to get started on Wild Ride but thanks to Shannon I won't get started as soon as I thought! I started The Constant Princess and LOVE it! Phillipa Gregory is hands down my favourite author. Good thing it's a long month.

NovemberThe Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway (Alana’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

December
Classic Christmas Book Exchange

January
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (Christine’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

February
The Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen (Malia’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online


March
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk (Kristin’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

April
A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burrows (Jasmine’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

May
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (Candice’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online
Click here for David Wroblewski

June
Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey (Amber’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

July
Poisionwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (Shannon’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

August
Cease to Blush by Billie Livingston (Amber’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online
Click here for Billie Livingston

September
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (Shannon’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

October
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (Kristin’s Pick)

Click here for Chapters Online

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh Fun! I just ordered all of the books online a la Jasmine. Cease to Blush was $4.99! I saved over $100.00 doing it this way. Sweet. Thanks again for an awesome night Christine. I'm dying to make your recipes at home. A wild ride up the cupboards is going to be a breeze so I ordered The Book of Negroes as a back up for this month. I'll let you know my thoughts...

Tootles

Anonymous said...

OMG! I made Courtney's Quinoa Risotto last night for our potluck today. Holy crap, it took a long time! Makes me appreciate our Friday night all that much more... thanks Christine!

Christine said...

Once you make it 100 times it gets really easy! I also chopped up all the veggies the night before...that makes a BIG difference.

I'm thinking we are due for a night out next meeting, unless there are objections or someone wants to have it. Should we do our first anniversary over Bulldogs...where it all began?

Anonymous said...

my vote is bulldogs!

Anonymous said...

hehe i'm in for bulldogs!

Anonymous said...

what's a bulldog? I'm so sheltered....

Anonymous said...

eww.

Anonymous said...

Bulldogs, bulldogs, bulldogs...!! Fist pump.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails