8.9.08

Meeting Notes...

BIG thanks to Candice for a wonderful book club night on Friday! My sides still hurt from laughing and I had so much to think about as you will see from this post.

Further to the Birth House discussions, the Boston Molasses Disaster was a true story! Complete with pictures, the story is here.

Click here for a modern day midwife's home birth list and a great account of one here from that blog I was telling you about that I read. On the list...crock pot, a medium bowl for the placenta, olive oil, gatorade, flashlight, peroxide for blood stains, car with gas (just in case!)...sounds like not much has changed since 1918. I don't know about you...but that just ain't for me! For the complete story of the blog I was telling you about as featured in Sunday's NY Times click here. It is such an amazing story. Apparently there are 19,999 other people besides me who tune in to her blog now.

I can host the next meeting! Here is the agenda!

Drink Wine
Eat food
Discuss The Glass Castle
Drink more wine
Eat sweet food
Hand out our LAST book for the First Year of Book Club!!
Draw books for our Second Year of Book Club!! Bring at least two choices!
Drink Wine

I googled and googled this morning for that darned classic book list I used to reference, but could not come up with it. I am excited for this new Classic Christmas book exchange and I think it's a great new twist for us.

My first choice for next year is Heather's Pick "The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society" and the second is "Suite Francais". They both are have story lines taking place in WWII Nazi occupied areas of Europe. Along with Anne Frank that I hope to read this year, this could be the year of WWII, as last year was the year of Afghanistan. Funny how that happens!

Be sure to check out my list of blogs and websites on the side bar, that is where I do most of my reading when I'm not working! You asked...I answered.

I'm thinking Ocotber 1, 3 or 8th for Book Club meeting...anyone already booked up? Let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the 3rd. I have an appointment on the 1st, and am not sure how long it will go until. I started reading the Glass Castle this weekend, and I am 3/4 of the way done. I knew that it would be an easy read. I've got some honest opinions that I can't wait to share... Thanks again Candice. Great times.

Anonymous said...

http://www.randomhouse.com/modernlibrary/100bestnovels.html

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html

Anonymous said...

Do you know how many Brian and Christine's there are out there? Google em...

Anonymous said...

the 3rd also works for me!

Anonymous said...

The 3rd works for me too. I love you you left off "Love in the Time" from the vote list. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails