21.5.08

Book Nectar

Hey Ladies,

We are on to meet Wednesday May 28, at 7:00 at Nectar Desserts in Inglewood. Really cute website, click here to check it out. Mmmmm desserts! Sounds like an abundance of great wines as well. 1216 9 Avenue SE.

I finished the book last night and really thought it was a good one. Kept me reading through to the end, May Dodd was a character I enjoyed as well as all her friends. I would love to discuss the ending but don't want to give anything away...I'll have to wait a week!

We are on to One Thousand Splendid Suns in June. This is such a popular book I think about 3 people I know own it so I am going to try to borrow. More Afganistan...anyone else noticed all the coverage lately on this country's struggles? There was Kite Runner, Charlie Wilson's War, Kite Runner movie, Kabul Beauty School. I guess popular movies and books hardly make me an expert, but I'm wondering will I get more out of this book for having a general understanding of the culture and history of Afganistan, or will I feel it's the same story told through a different point of view? Either way I'm interested in the answer.

Kristin has read this one...what will be your book for the month, or will you read along again with us??

See you in a week!
C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess i'm no longer a part of book club =( my name isn't even on the main part in blue. Tear.
when did i get voted off the island?

Anonymous said...

I'll be reading it again, as I loved it so much. Also my memory isn't the best these days so it will be a good refresher. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks Christine! LOL

Anonymous said...

MMMMM....I've been to Nectar...it looks de-lish! You can se into the bakery too. I saw a guy pouring litres of dark chocolate onto a cake...I almost jumped him.

Im almost done the book. Im not cruising as fast as I was but only 30 pages to go..its getting interesting...im dying to know what happens. Oh May!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails