10.3.08

Book Review...

Hello Fab Ladies!

How has your reading been going? I'll save most comment for the meeting, but Candace, I so agree with your comments. It's a fine line between love and stalking! LOL. Love in the Time of Cholera I think I actually read twice because I read each paragraph over and over. After 100 pages I started to do better with this style of writing, and with only 100 pages to go I started to enjoy the book. Upon finishing I spent a day contemplating if I wanted to read it again to get more out of it, but then I passed a buy/sell book store on Phi Phi Island, and alas, my copy of Love in the Time of Cholera was left behind in Thailand. I traded for Sense and Sensibility, for I've always wanted to read Jane Austen's novels. Only now I've encountered the 1812 style of writing, and oh, how excited I am for our next book. I need some Chick Lit!!!

So fill me in...are you finished or stuck somewhere in the middle?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate it. I'm on page 40 and thinking that either this book club meeting has to be in late April if I am going to finish it, or I might just stop reading and have you all fill me in. Boring and as of right now, I could care less about any of these characters. I'm going to stick with it, even if it kills me.

Christine said...

Give it to page 100! That is when my opinion changed for the better...

Anonymous said...

I agree Christine its not the easiest book so far but i can already tell Im going to love the story itself. I dont even know what page Im on (not far) but its taken me a while to get there. Its not a "must read" but I am enjoying it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails