14.1.08

Vacay Reading

Hello Book Club!

I'm back from vacation in Mexico! Not wanting to get ahead on Water for Elephants, and not wanting to bring harm (water damage, curled pages, creasing the spine) to The Other Boleyn Girl, I dove into Brian's Mom's xmas gift to me "Whitney, My Love". It is exactly as it sounds, a soft-core Harlequin romance and it's over 800 pages for crying out loud! I've really struggled with it. My dilemma is it is her "FAVOURITE" book, like, of all time. We are a no-opinions-barred Book Club, but how do you tell someone their best book is a major snore? Don't get me wrong, I love a good love story, but one that brings tears to my eyes and not "the passion of his tender heat to my loins" By the way I'm going to bring the book tomorrow to give you all an excerpt. I can't say it was a total dud...as after 4 Bahama Mama's by the pool in Ixtapa I would start reading some of the more "smoldering" paragraphs to Brian and that would entertain me for a while, and most of the loungers beside me.

Next meeting is FRIDAY, JAN 25, to discuss Lullabies for Little Criminals and be sure to bring your books from Christmas exchange for extra curricular borrowing.
Last question is WHERE are we meeting? Did we decide?
BIG THANKS again Kristin for the great hostessing of the last meeting and all that delicious wine and sushi. Love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I say tell her that her books a dud....save her from buying you more come B0day and Xmas...ugh!

Anyhow, if no one else cares or offers...I would be happy to host on the 25th.

Anonymous said...

Amba's sounds good to me. Let me know if you want me to bring anything, and what time you want to meet. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Should we say 6:30 ish. I'll of course be home earlier for those of you who want to come right after work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails